Well, summer has been over now for quite some time, fall has arrived in full bloom, and winter is right around the corner. With that said the team here at Jimmy’s Cleaners and Alterations wants to share with our valued clients some simple tips for storing away all those seasonal garments.
Having to pack up and store away your summer wardrobe can certainly be a challenge and is a task most people don’t typically welcome. Here at Jimmy’s Cleaners we know full well that this very task, necessary as it is, can turn into a rather large project and, without proper attention, a rather unorganized and frustrating project at that.
With that said, we suggest you follow these simple but practical tips below that are sure to make storing away seasonal clothing and garments as well as unpacking them when the season presents itself again, quite easy for everyone who engages.
SIMPLE BUT PRACTICAL TIPS
- Choose the right location to store your clothing – Moisture and bugs can truly be your number one enemy when it comes time to store away your garments. We strongly advise you to store away your seasonal garments in a cool, dry and dark location to protect your cherished clothing items over the seasonal span of time.
- Be sure to label accordingly – For those of us who are extremely organized, we know full well how important it is to label items. Nothing is more frustrating than having to sift through a barrage of bags, boxes, or the likes when trying to locate a specific item, and that includes locating your stored garments. With this thought in mind, our team recommends you make your time and efforts a whole lot easier by labelling all clothing or garment bags or boxes.
- Choose your organizational tactics carefully – For many people, it may be a simple task to simply gather up all your summer outfits, garments and accessories and simply toss them all into one big bag or box. Trust us, if you choose this option, you will be sure to regret your actions come next year. It is wise to organize all your garments by style of clothing or even organize them by where in your everyday life they would exist during a typical summer season. Whichever option you choose, you are sure to find whatever you are looking for next summer quickly and easily because you chose to take the time to be organized.
- Don’t be a hoarder – Donate items you no longer need or will no longer wear – When one season comes to an end and during your storage process, take time out to look at all your garments and determine which, if any, you no longer need, no longer want, or will no longer wear. I’m sure, like everybody else, you have a variety of garments that have just been lying around or hanging in your closet for years that you always seem to bypass when getting prepped for work or a night out with friends. When prepping your seasonal garments for storage, take advantage of this ideal time to donate all those items you no longer want or need to a charity of choice. Surely, there are many people out there who will find your unwanted items to be a real treasure to them.
- Don’t forget the dry cleaning – As you start sifting and sorting all your garments that need to be stored away until next year, be sure to give focus to those items that require dry cleaning. We highly recommend you dry clean those items in advance of storage so that next year you simply have to unpack your favorite articles of clothing and just choose those you want to wear. This also goes for any clothing items that may be in need of tailoring or sewing repair. Be sure to take care of each and every necessity before storing the garments away. This will make it a breeze for you to unpack, enjoy and dress to impress when the summer months are here once again.
YOUR GO TO CLEANERS FOR ALL YOUR GARMENT NEEDS
Here at Jimmy’s Cleaners and Alterations our team of professionals is steadfast in their commitment to provide our valued clients with high-quality, affordable dry cleaning and alteration services. If you are in need of quality dry cleaning services, need tailoring of your garments, or have fabric repairs that are needed, then surely you have come to the right place. Simply come on down to our trusted facility and let our team of specialists take care of your every need, including prepping your seasonal garments for safe and easy access and storage.